Alkion BioInnovations, an Imperial College’s spinoff, is a young biotech company located at the French National Research Institute for Agriculture, Food and Environment (INRAE) in Versailles, France. Alkion has developed an innovative patented bioproduction method of complex active ingredients in plants. Our mission is to offer a sustainable, standardised and top quality production of high-value plant ingredients to pharmaceutical, agri-food and cosmetics industries. Alkion has been granted the first French R&D license on medical Cannabis and has received many EU awards and grants for its pioneering works.
We are looking for a Robotics Engineer with a minimum experience of 2/3 years to support our scientific team and engineering partners on the scale up and industrialisation of our technology « Alkaburst 2.0 ».
* Your role:
- Work on the prototypes of our large bioreactors designed and built by Alkion’s team and partners: tests, specifications, adaptations and validation for pilot and until full industrialisation;
- Participate in the set up of the automation of our system of production;
- You will work in tight collaboration with our biologists and our external teams of engineers;
- Report to CTO & CSO;
- Attend international conferences and make presentations when needed.
* Your profile:
- Engineering degree in Robotics / Electronic / Electricity / Pneumatic
- Background to include a minimum of 2 years in robotics
- Excellent knowledge of programmation languages including C, C++ (mandatory) and Java with ideally >4 years experience in Programmation
- Experience in managing projects, including project planning and reporting
- Positive experience of management of interns or technicians
- Knowledge in fluid mechanics is definitely a plus
- Industrial experience is a plus
- Knowledge of patent application is a plus
- Languages: fluent French and ability to work in English (in this position, please note that French speaking is mandatory)
* Your personality:
- Demonstrated creativity, initiative, independent thought and problem-solving capabilities
- Good communication, organisation, teamwork skills
- Ability to work under pressure and respect tight deadlines
- Entrepreneurial mind, positive and open-minded
We are committed to gender equality, diversity and inclusion.
The company’s working languages are French and English. We have an international background and welcome international high potential candidates.
Competitive package with stock options based on delivering key milestones.
Start date: ASAP
Location: INRAE Versailles, France
Contact: Sarah-Meryll Buet : firstname.lastname@example.org